Candle Care & Safety

Candles bring a peaceful radiance and create an ambiance filled with tranquility. That’s why it is important to us that you get the full potential out of each candle. We would like to share our best advice for ensuring you get the most fragrant and long-lasting burn from your soy candles.

When lighting a new Kahani candle, to ensure your candle burns safely and evenly, please follow these steps.

 T R I M    T H E    W I C K

Trim the wick to 1/4 of an inch before each lighting, but only when the wax is hard.
A L L O W    T O   P O O L
Upon your first burn, allow your candle to burn for at least two to three hours or until the entire surface has turned to liquid wax - it’s okay if there is a little bit of wax on the sides of the vessel. This will prevent your candle from tunneling – which can limit the life of your candle.
Extinguish the flame by dipping it into the melted wax with a wick dipper or metal spoon and straighten the wick afterwards. A candle snuffer works well too (though there may be a bit of smoke). Remove any debris while the wax is still warm (wick trimmings, carbon, matches, etc.).

 S A Y  G O O D B Y E

We know it's hard to say good-bye, but discontinue burning a candle when 1/4 inch of wax remains in the container. 



  • Never leave a burning candle unattended.
  • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
  • Do not burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire (clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable).
  • Avoid burning any candle more than 3-4 hours at a time.
  • Be sure to place candle on a stable, heat resistant surface before lighting. For candles in metal vessels, using a cork or stone coaster is best as they tend to get hotter than others.
  • Avoid drafty spaces which can cause sooting, uneven burning or the flame to bounce.
  • Do not move or touch a burning candle.
  • Remember to burn all candles in a well-ventilated room.
  • Never fall asleep to candlelight.
  • Be sure to extinguish and let cool a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly.